The polymeric film dissolves in a few seconds and the API is swallowed with the saliva and follows the same absorption route as a tablet.
- Easy administration of the drug, especially to children and the elderly
- Attractive presentation of the drug
The dissolution of the film is delayed and the API is released into the bloodstream through the oral mucosa for a rapid action.
- Simplified use compared to a nasal spray
- Difficult to spit out, with better absorption of the active ingredient
- Protection against copying as few actors master the technology on an industrial scale